Thursday, January 31, 2008

The Beginning

I doubt anyone will be reading this, much less people who don't know me. But for the sake of posterity, My name is Austin, and this is going to be a collection of my thoughts, whether it be on current events, music, film or events in my personal life. I don't know how regularly this is going to be updated, but I'm going to try to keep it pretty regular, starting with my music and film picks for last year.

I was going to name this blog "100 Cups of Coffee" after the episode of Futurama in which Fry drinks 100 cups of coffee and achieves transcendence, but that name was already taken, so I've named it "Second Variety", after one of my favorite stories by Philip K. Dick. It was made into a terrible film called "Screamers" back in the 90's, but the story was much different than that of the book. Anyway, I hope you enjoy, whoever you are.

No comments: