Thursday, January 31, 2008

Best Music of 2007

Here, in no particular order, are the records I liked in 2007.


Of Montreal - Hissing Fauna, are you the Destroyer?


Wilco - Sky Blue Sky


Dinosaur Jr. - Beyond


Ryan Adams - Easy Tiger


The Brakes - Beatific Visions


Black Rebel Motorcycle Club - Baby 81


Grinderman - Grinderman


The White Stripes - Icky Thump


José González - In Our Nature


Iron & Wine - The Shepherd's Dog


The Sea and Cake - Everybody


Pharoahe Monch - Desire


Peter Bjorn and John - Writer's Block


Spoon - Ga Ga Ga Ga Ga


PJ Harvey - White Chalk


Kings of Leon - Because of the Times


Modest Mouse - We Were Dead Before the Ship Even Sank


Liars - Liars


Devendra Banhart - Smokey Rolls Down Thunder Canyon

4 comments:

exadore said...

more like "adult contemporary mouse."
"we were adult contemporary before the ship even sank."

Ack said...

Whoa! I can see you've been saving your A-Material for my blog! I guess one of us should.

But really, the first time I listened to the album, it repulsed me, but it grew on me after a few listens.

exadore said...

well i mean, it's no I Am Legend.

Ack said...

Did you see I Am Legend? Will Smith's acting was terrific.